Monday, July 5, 2010

Aussie Aussie Aussie.....

So Sunday I left for Australia. It actually fells like yesterday for me, but it's Tuesday here so... whatever. Anyway cool stuff, while we were waiting at LAX for our 1030 flight to Australia start this guy came and sat next to me, he asked me to watch his stuff while he went to the bathroom, so I did. When he got back I joked about having to beat someone up for trying to steal it, and what do ya know he's from Brisbane. So we got talking, I noticed from our talk he wasn't involved in church. But he had been to Hillsong Brisbane with an ex-girlfriend. Anyway, the guy was hungry and out of American money so I gave him some money and told him to eat, after he refused 6 times finally he went and got..... peanuts. Nothing was open. haha poor guy. I told him about HIllsong nights this week, but it's a fat chance he'll come to Sydney just for conference...but who knows. I just thought it was cool how God has a way of setting up opportunities.

After 15 hours on the plane we finally pulled up to Sydney and you know that feeling of pure joy.... for me it's like walking into Disney World at night and seeing the castle all lite up. It just feels like home. I don't know if you've ever felt that with anything. But seeing those Sydney lights I had it!! I had the "home" feeling. It was great!.

Ok so we arrive at about 630 and after customs and what not we got out around 8. Turns out my dad rented a car..... So the first 10 minutes (after buckling up) I just kept my head in my pillow. So we were going in circles right... for 2 and a half hours! When we get to the hotel my parents want to eat but I'm just tired so, they're going to bring something back. And I'm going to watch Aussie Rules football shower and hopefully make it to Conference Night tonight!!!! I sure hope!


Miss you all!! Love you like WHOA!
Julie.

1 comment:

  1. Well it sounds amazing! Once my truck insurance goes down... I think I will be saving to come your way maybe with Melissa. I will see what she thinks hhah

    ReplyDelete